A luxury fine art book featuring a decade of photography and autobiographical storytelling by Sarah Bahbah.
- Fine book linen hard cover
- Metallic red hot foil stamping
9.25" W x 12.25" L x 1.58" D
- 424 pages printed on premium matte coated paper
- Over 600 photographs and an autobiography by Sarah Bahbah.
- 20 visual projects featured including favorites: Sex and Takeout, Bonjour, Bitch!, 3eib!, and Fool Me Twice.
- Smythe-Sewn binding with woven headbands.
- 4 bookmark satin ribbons.
Inside the Book
With work spanning more than ten years, Dear Love is a collection of photographs that details the artistic and emotional world of visual artist Sarah Bahbah. Many of the photographs have been globally exhibited in major art fairs and solo exhibitions, and acquired by esteemed art collectors, while others have never been shown before. Bahbah’s signature style places complicated emotions at the forefront of visually striking and often decadent tableaus. Her quasi-narrative photography series speak to those who lend their lives to love yet feel trapped between their heads and their hearts. As an independent artist, Bahbah single-handedly propelled her career, finding strength and inspiration from her personal experiences of trauma. Showcasing a unique understanding of her generation, her body of work presents a pivotal voice that champions emotional liberation and vulnerability.
Bahbah has been explicit about her use of art as a tool to process trauma and hurt. Although Bahbah’s photographs are released as a series, the individual photographs that make up each series encapsulate whole narratives within themselves. Each photograph weaves together Bahbah’s own story and fantasies. In this book, Bahbah’s work has been divided among four chapters: Dear Heart, Dear Darkness, Dear Light, and Dear Love to take readers on a journey through her intricate and creative process of using art to heal and reconcile with love. Each series featured comes with an in-depth synopsis, where Bahbah gives details behind her personal, emotional journey that lead to the creation of every photograph.
- Creator/Writer/Photographer/Director/ Sarah Bahbah
- Cover & Book Design/ Raissa Pardini
- Book Editors/ Bahar Sayed & Bobuq Sayed
- Arabic Translations/ Salma ElShami & Amal Seela
- Cover Calligraphy/ Salma ElShami
- Forewords/ Rachel Cargle & Noah Centineo
- Legal/ Audrey Benoualid
A DECADE OF ART. 424 PAGES. OVER 600 IMAGES. ALL 20 PROJECTS YOU KNOW AND LOVE FROM BAHBAH’S CAREER. THIS ISN’T JUST A FINE ART PHOTOGRAPHY BOOK. EACH CHAPTER HOLDS AUTOBIOGRAPHICAL STORYTELLING BY THE ARTIST.
The Earlier Works
Sex & Takeout
Summer Without a Pool I
Summer Without a Pool II
This Is Not For You I
I Love You, Me Neither
This Is Not For You II
I Could Not Protect Her
Think About You
What's Love Got To Do With It?
Fool Me Twice
I ____ You
+ POETRY AND JOURNAL ENTRIES. AN IN DEPTH ANALYSIS OF THE CREATION OF EACH SERIES. BEHIND THE SCENES PHOTOGRAPHY & MORE.